Official website of the Association des Amis de Henry et Stella Corbin
Henry Corbin (1903-1978) - Stella Corbin (1910-2003)
Orientalist and philosopher, Corbin is one of the most prominent thinkers of the twentieth century. Discipleof Etienne Gilson and Louis Massignon, whom he succeeded in the chair for the Study of Islam at the Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes at the Sorbonne, he was also one of the fundamental pillars - with CG Jung and M. Eliade, among others - of the Eranos Circle from 1949 to 1977, Director of the department of iranology of the Franco-Iranian Institute of Tehran from 1946 to 1970, professor for more than thirty years at the University of Tehran and a founding member of the University of Saint John of Jerusalem.
Henry Corbin opened the eyes of the West, about the existence of a completely unknown world: the deep spirituality of the great mystics and Shiite philosophy developed in East Muslim world, particularly in Iran, after the death Averroes. His work centered on the Islamic knowledge and spirituality, but developed in the context of the three monotheistic religions, has a considerable number of studies on rituals, as well as translations and editions of ancient unpublished Arabic and Persian texts, that he recovered himself patiently in the libraries of Turkey and Iran.
- Journée Henry Corbin 2021, voir le programme.
- Annulation de la Journée d’études Henry Corbin.
- Cyclical Time and Personal Space – Henry Corbin’s Angelic Psychocosmology Dr Tom Cheetham Monday 9 March In the chair Professor John Carey Venue The Royal Asiatic Society Doors open at 6.30pm Lecture begins promptly at 7 pm Concludes 8.30 pm
Temenos Academy, Creative Imagination and Personal Transfiguration: The Spiritual Vision of Henry CorbinCreative Imagination and Personal Transfiguration: The Spiritual Vision of Henry Corbin Dr Tom CheethamDavid NieuwejaersSir Nick Pearson Saturday 7 March In the chair Julia Cleave Venue […]
- Un documentaire sur Henry Corbin en préparation.
- Philosophe, écrivaine et maître de recherche au CNRS. Elle croise N. Berdiaev, L. Massignon, G. Marcel, R. Godel, H. Corbin, S. Weil, H. Le Saux, et tant d’autres.
- Ahmad Bostani. This paper aims to explore the roots of the nativist discourse among Iranian intellectuals in the 20th century prior to the Islamic Revolution, a discourse based on Eastern authenticity and the felt need for a return to Islamic, Persian, or Asian traditions.
- Nouvelle traduction croate de : Henry Corbin, «Herméneutique spirituelle comparée - I. Swedenborg II. Gnose ismaélienne», dans Eranos-Jahrbuch - Das menschliche Drama in der Welt der […]
Nell’Islam iranico. Aspetti spirituali e filosofici 4. La Scuola di Isfahan La Scuola shaykhî Il Dodicesimo Imâm e la cavalleria spiritualeNel quarto e ultimo volume di Nell’Islam iranico – la summa del suo pensiero filosofico, della sua ricerca e del suo lavoro di ermeneutica – Corbin ha finalmente modo di mostrare come in Iran si siano mantenute vive le più importanti correnti spirituali e filosofiche della tradizione esoterica shī-’ita, anche nei secoli che, in Occidente, corrispondono all’età moderna e contemporanea.
- 224 pages, format 17 x 24 cm, illustrations NB; Issu d'un colloque transdisciplinaire tenu à Epinal GEORGES BERTIN, RÉMI BOYER, CÉLINE BRYON-PORTET, GUSTAVO DE CASTRO, FLORENCE […]